It’s said that up to 50% of Americans choose a New Year’s resolution, where nearly half those are related to health and fitness. Less than 10% of people generally keep their resolutions… Here are a few tips to help you choose the right one for you.
- Choose According To What’s On Your Mind And Close To Your Heart – When choosing new year’s resolutions for the new year, it’s important to always choose according to what’s on your mind and what’s in your heart. If a resolution doesn’t feel authentic or honest, then it is probably not the best resolution for you to make. You should always be guided and led by your heart, which is how you should decide what your new year’s resolutions will be.
- Be Honest With Yourself And Your Abilities – New year’s resolutions are just like anything else, we sometimes find ourselves shooting a little too high for our own good, only to be defeated and depressed a few months later, since we didn’t achieve our goals. To rid yourself of failure in the new year, choose new year’s resolutions that align perfectly to your specific talents, your lifestyle, and your abilities. For instance, if you want to lose weight in the upcoming year. Don’t choose a resolution that includes working out 6 days a week, and 4 hours a day, if you have never worked out before. Instead, be honest with your abilities and where you are at right now in life, and choose resolutions based on how much you can honestly do in the upcoming year.
- Go In With A Positive Mindset – Positivity is key when choosing the best resolutions. If you beat yourself up even before the new year has started, you are setting yourself up for disappointment, and probably a whole lot of failure. You must go into every everything with a positive mindset if you want to succeed, and new year’s resolutions are no exception. Even if you have failed every year previously on a specific resolution, don’t worry. Just keep working towards the resolution in the new year. Just because it hasn’t worked out so far, doesn’t mean it never will. You must always keep a positive mindset and a open heart.
- Decide What You Want The Most And Then Go From There – Many people make new year’s resolutions based on what they “think” they should do, instead of what they should actually do. Or, they make resolutions based on what their friends or family members are doing, which is not the way to make the best new year’s resolutions at all. If you want to make the best resolutions in the upcoming year, then you must make resolutions that relate to who you are as a person, and what you personally want out of life. For example, if you care about animals and want to become a vegetarian in the new year, don’t worry that none of your friends or family members are vegetarian. Instead, go forth and make each of your resolutions based on your specific hopes and dreams for the new year. Remember, this is your life, and you are in control at all times. It’s time to put yourself first.
- Choose To Be Kind And Loving Always – New year’s resolutions must always be made with a whole lot of love and kindness attached. Even if you are feeling angry or sad or depressed at the moment, you should never make a new year’s resolution that hurts someone else, or puts anyone else or even yourself in a bad position. Each resolution you make must be made with love at all times, no matter what. At the end of the day, new year’s resolutions are all about making you become better as a person. They are used for personal growth, and made in order for you to be the best version of yourself possible. Follow this and you will definitely find yourself becoming more and more successful in the new year, and you will also find yourself aligning perfectly with the resolutions you have made in the new year.
Happy New Year Everyone!