For many people, the Holidays are a time when health and fitness tend to go on the back-burner. Here are five quick tips to help you stay healthy during the Holidays.
- Lay Off The Eggnog – A common problem many have with the holiday season is that so many indulgent foods and drinks are commonly served. The truth is that you can still enjoy the holiday season without having to partake in eating and drinking fat-laden and high-caloric foods. Just because it is the holidays does not mean you have to throw out all of your healthy-eating habits.
- Limit Yourself To One Serving – One of the easiest ways to pack on the pounds during the holiday season is to overeat. But, you can decrease this risk by only getting one serving of every item on the table. Not only will one serving help to keep you from adding unnecessary calories onto your plate, but it will also give you the opportunity to try everything that is on the table, keeping you from having cravings later on.
- Fill Up On As Many Greens As Possible – Salads without heavy dressings, fresh fruits, and all types of vegetables are a great way to fill up during holiday meals. Not only will filling up on fruits and vegetables help you to stay fuller for longer, but consuming them will also help keep you healthy by adding lots of vitamins and minerals to your holiday meals.
- Make It About Fun Rather Than Food – One of the main pitfalls that many people fall into during the holiday season is choosing food over fun. The best way to avoid this as well as overeating during the holidays is to focus only on the moment at hand, and relish in the feeling of what the holidays truly mean. Instead of focusing on food, focus on your loved ones, and the real meaning of the season.
- Eat And Chew Slowly – An easy way to trick your body and mind into eating less is to eat and chew as slowly as possible. Another trick is to eat a wide variety of different foods, and put them all on your plate at the same time. Doing these simple things will trick your body and mind that you are getting fuller quicker, and help you to eat more moderately.