When it comes to working out, there is no doubt that sometimes, it can be quite a struggle for many of us. It doesn’t matter if we lead very busy lives, or conversely, if we lead pretty stress-free lives, getting out there, getting motivated, and actually working out can be challenging to say the least. While we all know that working out and staying in shape is healthy for our bodies, minds, and souls, it can difficult for many of us to actually find the motivation to get up and do it, and it can even be even more challenging for us to consistently keep at it for the long term. But, at the end of the day, to start working out and stick to it, all any of us really need is a little motivation and inspiration. And, once we get this motivation, we are sure to be on the fast track to fitness success!
Here are the 5 best motivators for working out…
- Eat Breakfast – As many of us already know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and when it comes to working out, nothing could be closer to the truth. If you want to motivate yourself to work out on a daily basis, it’s important that you eat something substantial in the morning, at least an hour before you start your workout. Keeping to the ritual of eating breakfast every morning will get you on the right track, and help motivate you to work out as much as possible.
- Create A Game Plan – Brilliance usually starts with a great plan, and that is why a great motivator towards working out is actually creating a game plan beforehand. And, creating a game plan means that you must outline all that you need to do in order to work out. This includes what time you need to get up to work out, what time you need to leave your house, where you will work out, how long you will work out, and how often you will work out. Once you know all of these things and have them set in stone, working out will become second nature.
- Start With Daily Affirmations – For some, daily affirmations might seem a bit too “new agey”, but for others, it’s just common sense. But, no matter what, there is no doubt that a lot of inspiration comes from saying, thinking, and writing down daily affirmations. Daily affirmations can be anything from speaking positively about the day to come, or just being grateful about your life. The reality is that the more daily affirmations you do, the more motivated you will be to work out regularly.
- Buy New Workout Clothes – Working out can be a struggle, but that doesn’t mean that it also doesn’t have to be fun. One of the biggest motivators for working out is dressing for the occasion. That means, don’t just expect to put on an old tank top and shorts and run to the gym. Put a little pride in your appearance and buy new workout clothes before you start working out regularly. Doing this will help motivate you to work out and be happy about doing it.
- Enlist A Friend – There is nothing more fun than spending time with family and friends, am I right? Well, use this to your advantage for motivating yourself to work out. If you know that you have a hard time getting to the gym or going out for that run, motivate yourself by enlisting a friend or family member to go along with you. Working out with a friend or family member will be the catalyst needed in order to get you working out more, and also, will be an integral part of making your workouts much more fun than you ever thought possible!