One of the simplest ways to help you manage your weight is to boost your metabolism. Here are six herbs and spices can help you.
- Cinnamon – Helping to balance blood sugar levels in the body, as well as curb cravings, cinnamon is great to add to drinks and recipes whenever possible. Cinnamon helps to keep the body fuller for longer, and has a great flavor that works very well in many holiday dishes.
- Cardamom – This super spice is known by many as a thermogenic spice, which means it helps to boost metabolism levels in the body, and increase the body’s temperature. Not only is it a favorite in many Indian dishes, but it also tastes great when mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Garlic – One of the best herbs out there for losing weight, garlic helps the body to burn fat more efficiently and quickly. The strong-smelling herb also fights fatigue with loads of vitamin B-6, is full of vitamin C, and is rich in manganese, which is where most of its metabolism-boosting properties lie.
- Black Pepper – Known for its fat-burning properties, black pepper helps to magically block the formation of new fat cells from occurring in the body. And, not only does this popular spice help to boost the metabolism levels in the body, but it helps prevent weight-gain as well.
- Dandelions – While surprisingly tasty and a great way to flavor a variety of dishes and teas, this herb helps aid in weight loss and boosts metabolism in a big way. Not only do dandelions help reduce bloat, but they infuse the body with healthy vitamins and minerals as well, such as iron, vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Fenugreek – Protecting and soothing the digestive tract, as well as a good source of fiber, fenugreek is a great choice for metabolism-boosting properties. Also full of antioxidants, fenugreek also helps decrease free-radical damage to the cells in the body. This herb works amazing when consumed whole (leaves) or as seeds.