When it comes to weight loss, staying active is imperative as well as watching what you put into your body. Consuming foods that are laden with sugar and salt are definitely not the best way to lose weight, nor are foods that are processed or fried. The best foods to eat for maximum weight loss are fruits and vegetables as well as complex carbohydrates that are full of protein such as beans, legumes, and quinoa.
Here are the 10 best foods to consume for maximum weight loss:
- Almonds – To be fair, all nuts are actually beneficial for weight loss even though they are high in the healthy kind of fat. But, almonds really take the lead in helping the body to burn fat and lose weight. This is due to the fact that they are full of magnesium, vitamin E, fiber, and protein.
- Beans and Legumes – Chock full of both fiber and protein, many nutritionists and dieticians call beans and legumes some of the healthiest food in the world. Not only are beans and legumes extremely healthy for the body, but they are also quite filling to boot.
- Quinoa – Some might say that quinoa is the perfect diet food to consume because it fills the body up while not adding a ton of calories. And, it is one of the healthiest grains around because it is full of both protein and fiber, as well as amino acids and vitamins such as magnesium, calcium, and iron.
- Mushrooms – You either love them or hate them, but if you do happen to like mushrooms, then you are definitely in luck because they are a great fat-burning food. Interestingly enough, mushrooms of all types have been gaining a lot of traction as of late because of the fact that they are such an easy food to incorporate into so many different recipes. And, vegetarians and vegans love mushrooms because they can easily be used as meat substitutes.
- Berries – For those of you that have a sweet tooth, berries, such as strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries are your best bet for optimal weight loss and health. Berries are both low in calories and full of vitamins. And, they also help the body to slow digestion, and are full of antioxidants and fiber.
- Green Peppers – Always tasty and full of vitamin C, green peppers are truly a wonder vegetable. Not only do they taste great on their own and work very well in most recipes, but they offer a wide array of fat-burning benefits as well.
- Carrots – Perfect for fat-burning and curbing hunger, carrots are a wonderful snack to take anywhere. They are portable, have a great crunch to them, and substitute well in both soups and stews that call for thickeners.
- Avocados – Is there any fruit more tasty than avocados? The reality is that many people might think that since avocados are high in fat, then they are not great for weight loss, but the opposite is actually true. Avocados are indeed high in fat, but it is the good kind of fat, which makes them extremely great for weight loss.
- Lemon – What many people might not know is that lemon is truly a fat-burning powerhouse. It is a trend these days for people to squeeze some lemon into a glass of water when they wake up in the morning, which helps the body to burn calories immediately.
- Oats – If you are looking to fill up and also lose weight, then you will definitely want to look into eating more oats. Oats are great to have first thing in the morning for breakfast since they can help the body stay satiated for hours because they are chock-full of fiber.
Disclaimer: This page is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by physicians. Always check with your doctor before starting any new exercise program or nutrition plan.